Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Proposed Outdoor Living Space for a Westchester Residence



This Chappaqua NY residence has a very unusable backyard. Forty feet in grade changes within a short distance. My client asked that I create some useable terraces so that he can have more use of the property with his family including usable lawn areas. In this rendering I am proposing to give the existing deck a makeover so that it ties in with the new patio and landscaping that I am designing.
I am proposing a patio with surrounding seat walls, a built in bench, fire pit and an outdoor kitchen. I am very limited due to the impervious coverage restrictions in the town of Chappaqua.
I've chosen materials that work with the house but most of all lets me keep within a budget. The walls around the patio are to be color washed concrete walls. They can be stone veneered at a later date if the client so chooses. The patio is a concrete paver. The decking will be changed from wood to a low maintenance material.
To soften the hardscaping I am proposing to plant the surrounding areas with a variety of Evergreen, Shrubbery, Small Flowering Trees, Perennials & Groundcovers.
Landscape design, masonry and construction services in the NY and NJ areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment